Thursday, February 28, 2013

Citrus/Carrot/Cabbage – I Win!!!

Rating: *****

Finally, I got to catch up on my sleep last night with 9.5 amazing hours of slumber.  I feel fantastic!

Today it’s me against the cabbage again, and this time I think I got the upper hand.  I was very pleased with the citrus-heavy shake I did yesterday, so I tried the same trick against the mild sulfur flavor of the cabbage. 

Ingredients:

1/2 C  Sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and cacao nibs
1/2    Fist-size chunk of cabbage
1/2    Large Carrot
1      Orange
1/2    Grapefruit
1      Frozen banana
1/2 C  Frozen pineapple
3 C    Orange Juice
1 T    Lime Juice
2 t    Sugar20130228_104454_DSC_0001

Job 1 is to get the grains, carrot, and cabbage into tiny, tiny bits.  I put everything up through the grapefruit into the blender, along with a little orange juice and let it go for almost 3 minutes.   The flavor at this point was very bitter because of the grapefruit and cabbage. 

Next I added the frozen fruit and some more orange juice and blended for about 30 seconds until the mixture was smooth.  When I tasted it this time, it was sweeter, but it still needed some more “oomph”, so I added lime juice and sugar.  That did it!

The cabbage taste wasn’t 100% gone, but it was diminished enough so as not to impeded my enjoyment of this smoothie. I’ll be happy to make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment