Monday, March 4, 2013

Spinach Orange Smoothie – Delicious Simplicity

Rating: *****

Between my wife’s complaints about too many ingredients and our dwindling end-of-the-month grocery supplies, life has conspired today for me to make a two (well, three) ingredient smoothie, with excellent results!

Ingredients:20130304_065500_DSC_0001

1/4 C   Flax meal (optional)
1 1/2   Peeled oranges, frozen
2 C     Orange Juice
2-3 C   Spinach

Blend everything except the spinach until smooth (about one minute), then blend in the spinach.  That’s it!  This one tasted  almost like a pure fruit smoothie.  I also liked the color of this one – very lively!

A note about flax meal- I add this for the nutrition/fiber, but I do notice a texture change when I do.  Next time I am going to try smoothing out the flax first in a coffee grinder and see if that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment