Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Good Morning Breakfast Smoothie

Rating: ****O

Today I went for a breakfast smoothie with a little more substance.   I also wanted to correct a problem I’ve had with too much grit from flax and other grains.  

Ingredients:image

1/4 C  Flax flour
1/4 C  Oat Flour
1      Orange (frozen)
1      Banana (frozen)
1 C    Misc Frozen fruit (mango, guava)
3 C    Orange juice
2 t    Lime juice
2 t    Sugar

To make the flours, I used a coffee grinder to grind the flax and the oats separately.  This was pure genius- it took care of almost all the grittiness and made a very smooth texture. 

Next, add the frozen fruit and 1/2 the juice and blend until smooth.  Add the rest of the juice to get to the texture you want.  

Overall the flavor was good.  My daughter loved it, but my wife isn’t a big fan of oats in her smoothie.  I like it and was happy to sip on it through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment